cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DRPSTech
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 drivers for hp nw9440 mobile workstation

HP Recommended

Is the hp nw9440 mobile workstation compatible with windows 7 32bit and windows 7 64bit? If so were can you find the drivers?

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,595 117,773 19,147 29,278
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The nw9440 mobile workstation is not supported by HP for Windows 7.

What I would do is to connect to the internet after you install W7 and launch the Windows update utility. That will download some W7 drivers for your notebook.

For any still missing, use the Vista Business 32 or 64 bit drivers as applicable.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=1839862&lang=en&cc=us...

If you can't find a driver for something, please post back and I will try to assist you.

Your notebook should be able to run W7 even though it is not "officially" supported by HP to do so.

Paul

radub
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Although my nw9440 works under W7, the video drivers aren't 100% compatible.

I recently bought an USB monitor adapter for an external display and it doesn't function. The producer told me that they tested all the adapter's drivers with the official laptop's video drivers and since for this laptop model there isn't an official one, they can't help me. On the other hand, the adapter works perfectly under vista's video drivers. I've tested all vista's drivers with w7, but all failed with a BSOD.

I am wondering if there is a w7 video driver that is fully compatible.

My laptop is HP Compaq nw9440 (EY615EA#ABB), sn CND7271D1M, graphic card NVIDIA Quadro 1500M.

Right now I am stuck with vista.
Please help!

Thank you,

Radu B.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try manually installing the Vista Business driver? 

If so, and it doesn't work, then unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

Did you try the graphics driver directly from Nvidia?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

radub
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all, thank you for your quick response.

I don't know how to install these drivers manually.

Is there any difference between using drivers setup and install them manually?

I've downloaded and tried all the drivers that had been worked, without success.

Radu B.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You may have to uninstall all of the graphics drivers you have tried previously or reinstall W7 if you have to.

Here is how you install the Vista driver manually.

Download and run this driver file.  Seems to be good for either 32 or 64 bit.  Close out of any error windows you get.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1839863&swItemId=ob_47688_1&swEnvOid=2096

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters category.  Click on the Standard VGA Adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34799.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then reboot and hopefully the graphics will be working just fine.

0 Kudos
CharlieSnow
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Paul I have a similar problem & ask your recommendations. My nw9440 with the same Nvidia Quatro card as in this thread, has been a real workhorse, been running Win 7 fine for couple years. A couple months ago Hanns external monitor began going black screen randomly, though computer & HD continue to run....I can only hard boot. I discovered that the crash doesn't occur if I'm using only the notebook display, no external display. Nvidia says call HP & HP says computer doesn't support Win 7. So, perhaps go to a Vista driver manually???
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi;

Yes, I recommend you try manually installing the Vista driver.

0 Kudos
radub
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem with the external monitor; it blanks suddenly, but the laptop' screen was working.

After a several months the laptop screen start to get some stripes. The culprit was the video card itself which was starting to develop micro-cracks in its connexions between video chip and the PCB. In the end I have had to re ball the video card with a new chip, the old one had physically broken. And all happened because of the design failure of the connexion mode of the chipset, which in time develops tinny cracks from the heat dilatation/contraction phenomenon; I had experienced over 80 degrees Celsius, by contrast, the normal temperature is about 53 degrees.

It is advisable to close monitor your video chipset temperature. you can find a free utility at http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2452/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-1/.

0 Kudos
CharlieSnow
4 4 0 0
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thx much Paul, will try it, let you know.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation