cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 installation issue with an HP G4 250 notebook.

HP G4 250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Experts,

I would like to ask for your help in order to solve a problem with my recently bought HP G4 250. The specifications are the following:

HP 250 G4 notebook

CPU: Intel Celeron N3050 

Memory: 4 Gb.

HDD: 500 Gb.

Came out with FreeDos.

I have have the following issue, when I'm trying to install Windows 7 (Professional 64 bit) onto that machine:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safety remove it for this step."

Windows 10 is running currently on that notebook, but I have found it very slow with that operation system.

I have done a numerous Windows installation before, but never seen an error like that. Currently owning an another HP Pavilion 15-ab203nh. Had no problem with installation. 

Regarding to similar topics, it might have a problem with USB 3.0 drives. I have tried to install it from USB 2.0 ports already. Experienced the same problem. May you please suggest me a solution or a driver? That computer is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit. I got all of the drivers via HP Support. I have tried to unpack (with 7z) and browse for all of the possible drivers (e.g. USB 3.0 driver, Intel Rapid Storage driver) but didn't work out for me.

Being really thankful for your help,

John.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,345 14,060
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 installation issue with an HP G4 250 notebook.

Try the suggestions in this similiar thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-RAID-Driver-for-HP-Eli...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation