cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 password

I am the only one that uses my HP Pavillion Windows 7 64-bit laptop. How do I set it so that it doesn't require a password? Or, at the very least, doesn't ask me to enter one everytime I try to wake the computer or restart it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,345 14,060
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 password

You can completely remove the password if desired. Go into Control Panel. In the upper right corner use the dropdown  beside "View by" and change it to 'Small icons'. Now you should have easier access to all items, including User Accounts. Click to open User Accounts.You have the option there to 'Remove password' for your account.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Level 1
8 6 0 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 password

Don't worry, you can find solution here. Reset / reset Windows 7 Password quickly and easily. 

Signature removed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 9 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 password

Well, you need to reset Windows 7 64-bit password to blank on your HP Pavilion laptop. Here I share you one of the easiest and quickest way to remove your Windows 7 password on HP Pavilion laptop.

You need 3 things:

1. The tool Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer which can be searched and download at Google.
  2. Another PC you can access as administrator.
  3. A USB/CD/DVD flash drive.

Only 4 steps:

Step 1: Download and install Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer into that accessible computer.

Step 2: Launch the tool and follow its instruction to burn it to the flash drive.

Step 3: Boot your password protected HP Pavilion laptop from the flash drive.

Step 4: Select your Windows system and your user account whose password you want to reset to blank. Click "Reset Password" button to instantly reset its password to blank. That is, remove its password.

After that, directly click "Reboot" button and eject the flash drive. Then you can login your Windows 7 without password. It will not ask you to enter password each time you wake or restart your HP Pavilion laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 7 password

Here you can follow the steps below to disable the login password after sleep:

• Step 1. Head into Power Options in Control Panel, then click the "Require a password on wakeup" on the left-hand side.
  • Step 2. Then click the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" link…
  • Step 3. Then you can click the "Don’t require a password" radio button, and make sure to Save your changes.

More information please turn to http://tinyurl.com/lc793e8

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation