cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Homely Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 | Can't find recovery environment Error

HP 19 | All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, i've tried to Factory Reset my Computer, but it gives me a error saying "Can't find recovery environment" this has been going on since November 2016, how can I get my recovery files back? I need to fix my PC or may just die off from Slow Performance, and possible hidden viruses that MalwareByte can't scan, and I don't have $15.00 for your support, so please, I want the Tech support to respond to me, i'm only 14. (I'm not doing phone calls)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16260 16203 1511 3601
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Homely

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

The only "free" way to recover your PC is using the HP Recovery Manager, which is generall invoked by rebooting the PC and pressing F11 repeatedly until the Manager comes on screen.

Unfortunately, if the Recovery partition become corrupted or is tampered with in any way, the HP Recovery Manager will often refuse to work.

The ONLY way to do a Recovery in this situation is using HP Recovery Media, and you have to order that from HP, and it is not free -- generally it costs around $50 USD.

Regarding an infection, I have used MalwareBytes (MBAM) for a long time and have found it to be one of the best AV products around.  So if the current MBAM version (v3.0.6.1469) does not find any malware, I doubt you really have any.

Also, if you're running an old version of MBAM, you should download the current version from their website and run it:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/

As to performance problems, maybe something in this might help:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Computer-is-running-slow/td-p/...

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Homely Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, i'm only 14, so I don't have a card to buy anything, also, for some unknown reason, when I last time factory reset my PC, HP recovery tool never came with me, and when I press F11 in startup, it will take me to a blank blue screen, then it shut down itself in a few seconds for unknown reason, so please, I don't have $50, and I still want to revive my PC, I'd like to have a free offer of HP recovery instead of wasting my money on it, yes I mean it, FREE only once.

I've also have been sticking around with Microsoft's Tech for 6 hours on trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 to try to get recovery files back, didn't make it due to one error during the setup in the startup. I've also tried to solve the issue of trying fix the bad performance that unknownly occured back in January 20, but they confirmed that there are corrupt files, so that's why bad performance is caused. So, like please, welcome me to free HP recover media instead.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation