cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 Restart loop

Hp envy 6-1201ea ult
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hi all . I just updated my windows 8.1 and boom
A restart loop that never ends.
Tried f11.f9.f10 esc. And still nothing tried some portable discs of 8.1 and still nothing .
Keep on pressing f11 show me a blue screen and nothing works and keep on restarting .
Very disapointed frop HP. Looked for the answer for days and nothing . Maybe some one here might help me please.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,202
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 Restart loop

Hi @Alexsayno,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! 

I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and issues with the restart and looping. Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a link to put the Notebook in Safe Mode. Then you can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message. 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
68 63 1 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 Restart loop

try unplugging your laptop and any usb drives.

close your laptop and turn the bottom facing up.

remove the battery and wait a minute.

replace the battery and if possible

get to a screen that will allow you to

rollback your update.

next, if you can run the windows update

troubleshooter, that should solve much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 Restart loop

Tried all of them! ESC button works . but when i press F11 .. the loop start over again.

again HP try the same resolve as the internet gives. nothing new!nothing helps!

shoul i throw the HP laptop and thats it ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 Restart loop

Tried it. still nothing for some reason its continue looping! :<

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation