Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
captain66 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 1 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 8.1 Secure boot message

I have an HP Pavilion.  HP upgraded the BIOS two days ago.  Today I updated from Windows 8 to 8.1.  On the lower right of the screen there is a message that reads: "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly. Build 9600".  

How do we get rid of this message and why is this happening?  I also upgraded a Surface device and this did not happen; thus I am thinking it is an HP issue.  Anyone, please help.

37 REPLIES 37
Kimmykun Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 2 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same messege on my desktop after upgrating to 8.1.

I went into BIOS and UEFI is disabled and cannot be renabled.

I have a Pavilion g6-2249wm.

RTech Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

i also upgraded from win8 pro to win 8.1pro  on HP ENVY m4,   receaved same message secure boot on main windows screen lower corner,   now in bias was problem with enable secure boot also,        so download   and re install latest bios software   on HP site for your computer system model,    bios will then see new version windows 8.1     re boot  windows 8.1 ,  error message is gone,  and in bios   secure boot now enabled       

0 Kudos
captain66 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 4 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I tried your suggestion and downloaded the latest BIOS version, installed it and the problem... the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly Build 9600" message is still on the lower right hand side of the desktop.

Now, isn't about time that a fix gets published so we can get rid of the message.

Any and everyone's help will be appreciated.  Thanks...

PickHPEnvy23 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same problem here.  Anyone?

Also having a problem with usb video adapter not working since update.  So no 2nd screen.

0 Kudos
captain66 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 6 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Installed the new BIOS and the problem (watermark message) continues.  Reverted back to the old BIOS and the problem continues.  Doesn't anyone from HP and/or Microsoft ever look at these forums and answer a simple question?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
5889 5666 450 1225
Message 7 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am posting this for everyone in this thread as it seems to be a growing concern. Try the following steps and it should resolve your issue.

1. restart your computer

2. enter your bios f10

3. go to security

4. go to secure boot configuration

5. f10 to continue

6. turn off legacy support and enable secure boot

7. save changes and exit

I am including a link to an HP Support document called "BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options" below it will guide you through the bios setup and menu.

BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110

***TIP : If you setup a password in your BIOS and forget it I cannot help you reset it. There are threads here that people are assisting with that but it is not something I am able to provide support for.

Please feel free to re-post with whether or not this resolved your issue.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
0 Kudos
captain66 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 8 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

thank you; but i restarted my pavilion and while it was in the process of restarting i hit the f10 key several times... nothing happened; it went right to the windows 8.1 start screen.  then i tried it again and hit fn f10 repeatedly as it was restarting... again, it went right into windows.  how can we access the bios if the computer simply by-passes everything and goes into the windows os?  Shouldn't there be a quick fix for those of us who are semi literate?  We purchase a machine that should work without messages... we upgrade to os that should work... why all this hassle?

0 Kudos
captain66 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 2
Message 9 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Went back to the drawing board and entered the BIOS.  First of all it flashes incesantly and it is almost hell to read it!  Now, under the security tab... the only thing that appears is something to the effect of "turn admin password on/off".

C'mon... a simple thing should not be so complicated.

I tried to install the new BIOS update and it just will not take... it goes through the motions; but it seems to be the same and the annoying message is still on the desktop. Seriously... is there a solution that really works?  If so, please help... even if it is a way to cover the message with a picture!!!

0 Kudos
PickHPEnvy23 Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 10 of 38
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Same here with HP Envy 23 all in one

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation