cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 8.1 Update Failure code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20020017

Hello, 

I have an HP Pavilion g6. I can't update to windows 8.1 after download it by windows store, it reboot pc and after that give me this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20020017. 

Anyone seeing this issue, and if so, know of the solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,202
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @Xrhstoskirkos ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion g6 and trying to update to Windows 8.1. Looking into this I have found that it is a driver issue usually associated with USB devices.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Before updating did you make sure your system was up to date with Windows. Here is something from Microsoft that might help.

Here is a link to Microsoft file checker if you need it.

Hope this all helps you out.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problem solved. I disconnect the usb "pc-cooler", remove the AVG and disable the secure boot from bios and Windows 8.1 final install. Thanks and i hope help other user with the same error.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0xC1900101 - 0x20020017

I have this problem, i uninstalled all programs in the pc and USB devices, and the error continues. I have a question, how do I remove the USB devices? because I'm not sure how. I hope prompt response and detailed explanation. I would appreciate very much.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation