Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
30 20 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 8.1 apps don't connect to Wi-Fi

HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop and a few days ago i ran into an issue.None of my apps on the start screen connect to the internet even though the internet is connected and i'm able to browse the net.I'm not sure but i think this happened right after i uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security.I looked around and thought it's a firewall problem but nothing is blocked in the firewall.I tried restoring default settings in firewall and performing a System Restore.I even tried re-installing Kaspersky but that didn't work.I also tried installing third party firewall software like Comodo but that didn't help either.I ran scans with Kaspersky and Malwarebtytes but they didn't find anything.

I downloaded a microsoft troubleshooter and it said i needed to trust my PC and that apps and start screen sync was turned off.

Untitled.jpg

But i can't change any sync setting since it says that OneDrive is not connected to the internet

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,909
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Hallucinogen-X ,

I grasp that you have Windows 8.1 and a few days ago the start apps no longer connect to the internet.

You ran the troubleshooter and were informed that  you need to  trust my PC and that apps and start screen sync was turned off .

When you tried to change your sync settings you got the message not connected to OneDrive.

Here is a link to Sync settings between PCs with OneDrive, please note the section on Choose which settings to sync as it does list a troubleshooter that will try to automatically fix the syncing settings.

Here is another  link from  the www.eightforums.com that should assist you in overcoming this difficulty.

Sync Your Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 8  You may need to turn the setting on and off a couple of times as that seemed to work for other people.

If this has not helped, I suggest you try a Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8).

This will reinstall the OS but should not affect your personal files. I do suggest doing a  backup first just in case.

If you would like further assistance please  provide your exact model of HP notebook. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
30 20 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm unable to change the sync settings under PC settings because apps don't recognize that i'm connected to the internet.All the options under Sync settings are greyed out.I've attached a screenshot below.

Untitled.png

I cannot refresh my PC as Windows tells me that i need at least 30 GB free on C: and i have around 12 GB free.The C: partition on my hard disk is smaller and i'd need to uninstall almost every software installed to get 30 GB of disk space.Also i've read on other forums that it doesn't help.I did however try to sign in and out of my Microsoft Account but i couldn't sign back in because Windows said i'm not connected to the internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,909
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Hallucinogen-X 

Thank you for your reply.

You could try creating a new profile to see if that helps.

If not I suggest contacting HP support for further  assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation