cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hewjr100
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

1.  Sometime in august/september windows 8.1 will be released, will there be recovery media available for windows 8.1 or will I have to first restore windows 8 and then install windows 8.1 update or iso update.

2.  If I decide to download the windows 8.1 iso and do a custom install, deleting all existing partitions, will all the hardware be compatible such as beats audio and cd/dvd drivers and so on.

This is important to know, it takes a long time ti install windows 8 oem, even with 3.0 usb drive it takes more than three hours.  I would prefer to just use the windows 8.1 ios and be done with it.  Currently I have tried the windows 8.1 preview and is is very buggy.  Not all hardware is supported at this time, especially the ralink wireless.

Also will hp support windows 8.1 or not?

Henry

Windows 8
Hp Envy m6-1225dx Notebook
750 Gb Hdd 8 Gb Ram Intel i5 2.6 Dual Core
Intel Hd 4000 Graphics
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
NBD
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem since I updated to Windows 8.1. The wirelles has been giving me a lot of problems and I don't know what to do. The Ralink adapter does not recognize any networks, and even if you restarted it does not recognize the networks. If I try to disable the adapter and then enable it, the computer freezes and I have to shut down the computer with the power button. the only way I can get the internet to work is to uninstall the adapter, scan for hardwarare changes to install the adapter again, and it works, but you have to type the password to your router again. That is eveytime I shutdown the computer and restarted. Now I have to leave the computer on or make sleep to avoid doing that over and over. I hope windows, HP or Ralink fixes this.

0 Kudos
NBD
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have HP envy M6 with I 5 dual core 2.6 with turbo, 750 GB, 8GB ram

0 Kudos
UniProg
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello NBD,

Windows 8.1 is a beta release, and not officially supported.  I suggest moving back to Windows 8.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
NBD
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Do you know if that is the problem?

0 Kudos
UniProg
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know if that is the problem.  There would be no way for me to know. 

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
KlemenOslaj
Level 1
16 14 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And now? When do we get drivers update for Windows 8.1? I'm asking, because windows 8.1 upgrade is officially released.
0 Kudos
MBCZ
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are there any news about drivers for win 8.1 ?

0 Kudos
achraf52
5 5 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP Chicony 2 MP Laptop Webcam does not work on Windows 8.1 Pro, so what should I do ?

0 Kudos
TwoPointOh
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 595
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi achraf52. What model of notebook do you have?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation