cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ArbnorS
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 8/10, Error 0xc0000034.

HP Recommended
Hp envy 6-1202eo
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Any help needed, my aunt sent me her laptop for recovery, she said it used to work fine until she upgraded to windows 10, then she couldn't start up to the welcome screen anymore.

I took a look at it and i still don't understand what is causing the error, must have been wiped of its OS.

Anyway, back to what i know...

The laptop runs originally on a windows 8, there is no way to rollback though.

The error is titled 0xc0000034 and it seems to be the file(or map) \BCD missing from the drive.

I checked on some forums about how i could recover it and most of them implied using CMD, but i can't even get into CMD, neither any recovery options on the laptop.

I tried going into BIOS but it would just return to the error screen without success.

I also tried mounting with windows 10 on my USB(by using rufus), in case i could reformat the hard drive,  but the USB would not be booted since i could not go into boot order (F9)

It still it takes me to the same error screen, a good thing is that it is at least reading the USB it seems.

None of F9,F10,F11 works, they just redirect me back to the error.

Here is how it looks when i start up the laptop.

This is after i press ESC, Won't take me to bios, but instead return to the error screen again.

The USB shows red that it is "Running"

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,184
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ArbnorS,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 6-1202eo Ultrabook and issues with starting. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

If that is not a help upon first starting the Notebook press and hold Windows key and b. Just keep holding it. Once your sure nothing is happening restart the Notebook. This should restore the last configuration of the BIOS.

Try running a system test to see if all is working ok.
Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
ArbnorS
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Holding Shift + b worked! Thanks :generic:

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation