Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evoicefire Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8 Drivers for Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Hello

I was wondering about the compatibility for the Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC (Product number: QC368PA#ABG) with windows 8. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/instructions.html says that my model has not has drivers made for it yet, although i bought it after the required date.

I am worried about system incompatibility or certain hardware not functioning properly as I had this problem when i first bought my laptop. Are there any drivers which can be supplied or provided for this computer. The hardware on the machine is:

Processer: 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2930QM CPU

Graphics:

AMD Radeon 6770M

These are the only components which I am worried about compatibility although I have also heard of people having problems with the Beats Audio drivers.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2594 114 524
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Evoicefire, 

I really wish I had better news for you but (like you mentioned) this computer doesn't have any Windows 8 drivers made available through HP for it. Only Windows 7 drivers are listed for it on the Driver Page.

In many cases Windows 7 drivers will suffice although there may be slight glitches. Third parties do offer drivers that may work too. I found this forum thread where users confirm that this driver version works for the 6770M. There's a lot of good information on that forum thread. 

That processor should be OK with Windows 8. I'm not seeing any issues online regarding that processor and Windows 8.

If you have any other questions, let me know :)

0 Kudos
Evoicefire Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The drivers you provided still do not fi the problem

I still have lowered performance in graphic apllications, I will try completly uninstalling older/other versions then reintsalling this one and will get back to you.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2594 114 524
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry to hear the Windows 7 driver wasn't compatible with Windows 8.

You could try AMD's website.

1. Select Notebook Graphics

2. Select Radeon HD Series

3. Select Radeon HD 6xxxM Series

4. Select Windows 8 32/64 bit

5. Click Display Results and download the driver shown there.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2594 114 524
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any luck with that AMD driver?

0 Kudos
Suraj_Sugathan Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there could be but doesnt solve it

Thats Never happening bro

have been using HP for the past 11 years

since the windows 8

they're having a hard time with drivers they say they are working from the predecessors(Win 7) but that doesnt solve it.

i still have the graphics driver issue because these idiots arent coming up with a solution

LATEST Driver issues are Brightness and Game Lagg

Tested with NFS Rivals

0 Kudos
dilan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wont to drivers

0 Kudos
Suraj_Sugathan Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which product bro

Name the model number!

0 Kudos
asonMarcus Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you can download the graphis drivers from that AMD website. I had the same issue. I am using HP pavilion dv6 7010tx notebook. it came with windows 7 64 bits. but one day my OS crashed and i had to reinstall it. and then i decided to upgrade it and bought a windows 8 dvd and installed it.. only to find out latter that the windoes CD i bought was 32 bit windows 8. i went back and forth with HP several times. then i read it on some forum that some dude had the same issue.. so i went to NVIDIA website and searched the driver manually by giving the model number of the graphic card. my graphic card is running fine now.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation