cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jojowats
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 8 wont install on hp 15-1033wm

Windows 8 and it keeps rebooting saying the comp testarted unexpectly or encountered a error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok to testart the comp and then restart the installation. This just happens over and over again. Whoa! Please help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jojowats
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a windows 10 cd can i just install that instead? I tried but it also did not work.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jojowats,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums. 

I see your computer rebooting continuously and are unable to install Windows 8 or 10. Happy to help. 

Are you trying to install a retail version of the operating system on your computer or the version that came with the computer?

Did you run a system test on your computer?

Recommend you to run a system test on the computer by tapping F2 on startup. Click here for assistance. 

Restore the BIOS to defaults and try to install the OS, if the test pass. 

To enter BIOS, keep tapping F10 on startup. 

During the installation of the OS, do not have any external devices connected.

Let me know how it goes.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation