cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Welshtralian
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows Hello - Isn't Available on this Device

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertable i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all this and not massively technical minded. Just bought a HP Spectre x360 and having no end of issues with it from WIFI dropping, bluetooth not working (both of which I see is ongoing HP issues) and Windows hello saying it's not available on this device. The laptop is brand new and I cannot understand why it's not enabled. Can someone please help?

Huge thanks in advance as really starting to get frustrated with this very expensive purchase which is causing grief!

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You seem to have several problems.

See: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10-windows-hello-and-privacy

for an article on "Windows Hello".

> Just bought a HP Spectre x360 

You are entitled to get support from HP, first by telephone, and, if they cannot trouble-shoot, by either replacing your computer, or shipping it to an authorized service center, for repair.

Can you return it, and buy something else?

Did you purchase an "extended warranty", adding more year(s) to your warranty?  It might be good to have such "insurance".

0 Kudos
Welshtralian
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for your reply. Having issues as bought from a reseller and they are telling me to go direct to who they bought from. On HP login, it keeps telling me I don't have valid warranty. Let's just say it hasn't been a pleasant experience so far with the laptop!! Love the design, look and feel but sadly I think your suggestion of getting something else may be best option!

Checked the link and unfortunately, it doesn't say what to do if your computer is telling you that you "windows hello isn't available on this device" which mine does. From all reports, it should be available...

0 Kudos
Welshtralian
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still have no access to Windows Hello, bluetooth and wifi don't work together.

Apparently as I bought the laptop through a company who bought from Currys, I do not get a warranty (as proven on here as HP say I don't have warranty). So £1500 spent on a worthless POS which doesn't work, I'm not getting any help from HP for and is basically the biggest mistake.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation