Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gracia123 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Update not downloading at all

HP Probook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have been downloading and installing updates using the windows automatic update and HPSA but for the past two months now the windows update has stopped downloading updates and the HPSA has also stopped downloading update.I have tried a lot of things which include;

1,System Restore

2,Uninstalled and installed back the HPSA,

3,Run windows repair tool,

4,Run the .netfix repair tool,

5,Run Windows stand alone installer

And other ones i could not remember their programe names.

The number of errors i get include;

Windows checking for updates for ever,

most recent checks for updates----- never

updates were installed  --------------never

sometimes it comes up with  an error message like windows 10 failed to install update....This is the annoying aspect of it.I only reserved this windows 10 I never installed it .I have also tried unistalling the microsoft windows 10 automatic installations i found with several codes like KB3035583 and other ones about 15 codes like that i found on support pages but yet to no avail.Please right now I know that i can still get help if i reach out to you guys here.I hope to start getting response from the experts in the house.

Regards

Gracia

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
103337 93889 14423 22170
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the suggestions offered in this discussion are of help to you.  Start with WAWood's recommendations first.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-use-Win7-update/m-p/582714...

0 Kudos
Gracia123 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

I write to thank you for your suggestion.It really went a long way to partly resolve the issue.After installed KB3172605 the way it was suggested and restarted my laptop.It ran and brought out 15 updates ;13 important and 3 optional updates.

However,I have been battling to install this updates and my laptop keep showing me error code 80240016 that the updates cannot be installed .Thats where i am.Please your further help will go a long way.Please do not forget,my system is hp probook 450 windows professional SP 1.

Regards,

Grace

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
103337 93889 14423 22170
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Grace.

See if this Microsoft Windows Forum thread is of help to you...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-update/error-code-80240016-cant-insta...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation