cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vivi2day Top Student
Top Student
3 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows failed to start. Hardware problems were detected.

This is what I get when I start my HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (dv6810us): Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the catuse. To fix the problem: 1) Insert your windows installation disc & restart your computer. 2) Choose your language settings, & then click "Next." 3) Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistant. FILE: \windows\system32\winload.exe. STATUS: OxcOOOOOOf. INFO: this selected entry could not be loaded because the application is mission or corrupt.

Then I hit "Enter." - Choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a tool: (use the arrow keys to highlight your choice, then press "ENTER"). (Microsoft Windows Vista appears 3 times). To specify an advanced option for this choice, press F8. Tools: Windows Memory Diagnostics - Hardware problems were detected. To identify & repair these problems, you will need to contact the computer manufacture. Although t e test may appear inactive at times, it is still running. Please wait until testing is complete. Windows will restart the computer automatically. Test results will be displayed again after you log on.

H-E-L-P!!! I do not have a recovery disc because one did not come with this laptop.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
345 341 16 47
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows failed to start. Hardware problems were detected.

Run a hdd and memory test first, hold down f10 as the computer starts, go to diagnostic then run those tests.

Heres a page to order your recovery dsics

https://warp2.external.hp.com/driver/dr_country_select.asp?Product=483904-003&lang=en&cc=us

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation