cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
EN32
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Winmagic opens to blank screen

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

November - Lovely new HP. Upgraded without problem to Windows 10. 

Last night - was asked if I wanted to use WinMagic encryption. Said yes. Turned on machine this morning. It says wait a few seconds then the login for WinMagic appears. I log in - no problem. Then it is stuck on a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. No options, no messages, no nothing. 

How do I can my machine back?!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DavidFoley
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any update ?

0 Kudos
Sergey_Burnos
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you find a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
tonyk11
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a solution to this problem.  This was happening on one of our servers during an update from SecureDoc 4.9 to 6.4.  The problem is caused by the fact that WinMagic changed from a DOS driven boot loader (v4) in 4.9 to a Linux driven boot loader in 6.4 (v5).  The fix is to press the "A" key after the computer passes the POST until the SecureDoc Boot Loader screen comes up.  This will be a DOS loader.  Enter you login information as required.  Once the machine boots to Windows, login to SecureDoc Control Center, click Advanced Settings, and choose "V4 bootloader with option to use V5".   Restart your box.  The computer should reboot using the V4 DOS boot loader and Windows should start normally after login.

Let me know if this helped you out.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation