Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (143,981 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wireless Network driver for a HP Pavilion G Series computer

Greetings,

I have installed win7 for a Laptop HP Pavilion G Series. At this time the network adapter is showing disabled due to lacking a driver for this network card. I also have other items disabled as such

PCI Device

and Network Device.

If anyone could help in this issue please let me know. I attempted to look up which drvice I had and it shows unnamed on all items. Thanks for all your help.

Richard

Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless Network driver for a HP Pavilion G Series computer

Hi,

The following link shows all supported drivers for your machine. Windows 7 updates should be able to find the right drivers for you:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5079285#N1026

Regards.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 9 (143,970 Views)

Hi,

G series has dozens if not hundreds of models. What is yours ? What is the OS of your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (143,953 Views)

Yes I have seen, I am using Win 7. The Computer was purches from Wal-Mart. When I look up the details in the item tab it does not give any indacation of what kind of card is inside, all I know is it is a wireless Ethercard. I installed a freash copy and have no, HP backup disk to us to find the driver from. So basicly I am flying blind.

I wish I had backup'ed the driver before hand, guess word to the wise always have a Manfacutres software disk in hand if you want to go with a freash Windows install.

Provost
Message 4 of 9 (143,947 Views)

Hi,

What is the model of your machine ? Please use the following link to find it out:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00033108

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (143,937 Views)

[ Edited ]

Model number is : G6 - 1028sr

Product is : LM695EA#ACB

Serial:[Personal Information Removed]

Provost
Message 6 of 9 (143,927 Views)

Hi,

The following link shows all supported drivers for your machine. Windows 7 updates should be able to find the right drivers for you:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5079...

Regards.

BH
Top Student
Message 7 of 9 (143,908 Views)

Thanks for your help, the issue is mustly resolved. I have one Driver for a PCI I am needing to update I am running through all of the update drivers you listed and should have the last issue fixxed soon. Again thanks for taking the time to assist I am sure anyone can get help they need with people like you helping.

Thanks,

Richard

Student
Message 8 of 9 (128,210 Views)

I have a problem aboute wireless nerwork driver for HP G Serier computer.

I instaled sevaral time. still is not factioning.

how can i solve this problem?

thanks

Honor Student
Message 9 of 9 (117,482 Views)

Richard11111 wrote:

Greetings,

I have installed win7 for a Laptop HP Pavilion G Series. At this time the network adapter is showing disabled due to lacking a driver for this network card. I also have other items disabled as such

PCI Device

and Network Device.

If anyone could help in this issue please let me know. I attempted to look up which drvice I had and it shows unnamed on all items. Thanks for all your help.

Richard

Richard11111 wrote:

Greetings,

PCI Device

and Network Device.

Richard

Richard11111 wrote:

Greetings,

PCI Device

and Network Device.

Richard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation