cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SheldonOliveira
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wireless adptor/drive

HP Recommended
HP 15-r212nia
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

Im facing the fallowing issue i instal the windows 7 in the notebook and so far now i cannot install the wireless drive that is supose to work. I downloaded all of them and dunnot work so far cannot find anything that can help me with.

Any sugestions please let me know.

HP 15-r212nia

windows 7

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
131,063 121,240 19,901 30,448
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know what model wireless card your model has, but if you do the following, I can figure that out and post the link to the driver you need...

Since there is no wireless driver installed, there should be a device labeled Network Controller in the device manager under an Other Devices category.  The network controller device will have a little ! mark next to it.

So, find the network controller device, click on that and then click on the Details tab.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation