Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Will it delete everything in the PC or just turn the system off and back on again?

HP Recommended

Reply to Jcremayer

If your question refers to post by edsilha at 07-15-2012 09:55 PM, this process will not delete any of your personal data nor applications you have installed. It only resets the defaults associated with booting and power saving modes. 

HP Recommended

Try to use HP Wireless Assistant

HP Recommended

Ok this worked for me, however every time the laptop is shut down or restarted the problem is back, and i must do the whole process over again. is there no way to make this fix permanent?

HP Recommended

La carte "459339-002 Wireless LAN 802.11B/G Card" est hors service. Il faut soit la remplacer, soit ajouter un Wireless LAN sur clé USB externe.

The card "459339-002 Wireless LAN 802.11B/G Card" is out of order. You must replace it or add an external Wireless LAN on an USB key.

HP Recommended

Ok so I ended up doing a restore to a date a few weeks ago and that solved the problem. To do a restore go to start button and in search bar type 'system restore' then hit enter and pick a date before you had this problem.

HP Recommended

This bug affected my father's laptop, and the fix below should work for any HP/Compaq laptop that uses the "HP Connection Manager" to control the wireless card.

Verified fix:

1. Open HP Connection Manager

2. Click "Preferences" button in bottom right corner

3. Choose "Device Power" tab

4. Check box titled power on device when starting Connection Manager

5. Restart computer, or completely exit HP Connection Manager and restart it

*** If you are having trouble finding how to close connection manager, click on the small up arrow in the bottom right of your screen in the bar near the clock (says "show hidden icons" when you place the mouse cursor on it). Right click the blue icon and select exit HP Connection Manager, then click the Windows button and search for HP Connection Manager to restart it.

HP Recommended

@edsilha wrote:

HP Tech support just walked me through fixing this problem.

1. remove battery and unplug power supply

2. press and hold power on button for 30 seconds

3. leave battery out but plug power supply back in 

4. press power on button and then tap on the f10 key immediately (a number of times)

5. the bios setup menu appears

6. select reset defaults 

7. select save and exit

System boots and the wifi key turns from orange to blue

This solution worked for me. I had the same problem. WIFI button always shows orange and wouldn't turn on. I tried the above steps and it's back

HP Recommended

As soon as you put thebattery back, it doesnt work. So, it is not solved. Please HP take the word SOLVED out of this thread. It is not solved and you guys should provide us with a real new driver for W8. A lot of people in many forums are saying they wont buy an HP product anymore because of this.

HP Recommended

My notebook is a HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx Entertainment Notebook PC. I just called HP and the Indian guy told me  that HP doesn't support Windows 8 and so that the best solution will be to go back to 7. Is this a joke? HP management people in the US are telling these guys in India to say that?

BTW, In the instructions, I can't get into the BIOS. Clicking F10 or Escape does nothing while booting.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.