cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
30 18 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless device not present after Windows update

HP Notebook - 15-f111dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Notebook - 15-f111dx (ENERGY STAR)

Model #:J9H11UA

After windows update, laptop does not appear to have a wifi device any more.  It has an ethernet device, and a  USB wifi adapter works, but all I have in device manager is some piece of dead silicon calling itself "Realtek PCle FE family controller #2".

I'm about fed up with this notebook and the fact that problems can never be resolved with HP.  NEVER.  HP Support Assistant is a complete waste of time.   It fails to install updates and they're not relevant to network anyway. Network diagnostics tell me that my connection is okeedokee OF COURSE IT IS BECAUSE I'M NOT USING HP HARDWARE.   This laptop has been unreliable BSODing junk since day one.  I'm giving this exactly one attempt to fix it, then I will order a new laptop of a different brand and tell my boss (who buys our computers) to never buy anything from HP ever again.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
BHANU_KIRAN Tutor
Tutor
11 9 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah I experienced the same bro try download the driver and re-install it and restart your notebook. If it is not worked . Recover your system believe yit definetely works. But the thing is you will lose all installed apps and settings. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
30 18 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for that, unfortunately I don't know the exact device so not sure where to get the driver.  Restoring really isn't an option, the time it would cost me and my company is worth more than the cost of a new laptop.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation