Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
6 6 1 2
Message 31 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless issues on HP2000-350US with Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Hi again

Thanks for your update, The replacement costs a little more (which im expected to pay) plus I do use Bluetooth when transferring to my smartphone. So if the adaptor is likely to be the same ( I have asked HP if they can specify) and there is no issues with the AR9485 in general I think I will keep the notebook. It already runs the B950 processor which seems quick enough and surprised me just how good it is for the price.

So can I assume the changes to the wifi adaptor and power plan represent a permanent fix and that the AR9485 is designed to be configured this way ?. I notice the AR9485 is supposed to be more energy efficient (uses 40% less power than previous units)so does it have its own power management and therefore not requiring any input from the OS ?

Thanks again you have been most helpfull

Regards

RB767

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 12 0 2
Message 32 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello RB767,

On your question about how efficient for the power settings for being permanent, I would not worry about it.

While you might not get those projecting energy savings, you would have  a steady and reliable communications connection to the world.

Although, this does not rule out HP coming out with a BIOS update for your laptop which could fix this problem permanently.  The BIOS contains system settings which include power settings for hardware devices for that specific device.

Maybe an engineer at HP will read these posts and go "HMM" and then make the changes. I suspect a BIOS change will be the real fix. HP can fix the problem without admitting there was a problem.

The steps I had posted were the methods to ensure reliable communications for this wireless card.

This wireless card works great but it does need a certain amount of power period to operate.

The initial settings of HP (power management) will not suffice to support this card.

Good Luck,

The Snerdly Lizard :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 33 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This has been driving me crazy. I've tried all of the suggestions here (and more) and my computer performance is still very poor. Has anyone tried a different OS to rule out a Windows problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 34 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I took mine back to Office Depot  where I bought it and they gave me a refund. I was worried they would not take it back because I had already submitted the rebate request. They deducted the $50 rebate when refunding my money, but that was fine with me. I was just happy to be rid of it.

There is no reason why customers should have to try and resolve these problems. I was on the phone for hours and hours with HP and I'm quite angry about the time I wasted. We all deserve better than this. My advice to everyone is to return the clearly defective product and get a refund.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 35 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a same problem. I bought on blackfriday. I have been sent to HP  repaire service center twice but still.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 36 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was having some issues with "slow" performance from my pc - keyboard was slow to respond and mouse touchpad caused much grief! - staggering all over the place.

snerdlylizard's post helped me out big time as i have two laptops (Presario Q57) representing the same issues.

"http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home/WiFi-causes-mouse-touchpad-lag/td-p/1251193"

Thanks a lot to all the folks on these forums this issue can be "worked around" but i agree with the majority of you here - HP need to jack their ideas up about supplying quality products to its customers.  They need to test the products efficiently before mass production! - clearly a step was missed here.  

Unhappy customer!

Swoosh.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I love you!!!  After purchasing 2 Toshiba laptops for my kids this past Christmas, which work great with no connection problems, I bought myself this HP (more expensive than the Toshibas) which I really haven't been able to use because of the connection problem. I've been so frustrated and upset because I couldn't fix this issue and felt I wasted my money on my HP. After trying so many solutions to this problem, I found your Process 2.  This worked!! I have been happily on the internet all day.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Tell your mom she's lucky to have you! I sure appreciate you taking the time to post this solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 38 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm still having a problem with my wifi dropping connection.  Anyone find a solution besides returning it to the store?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 12 0 2
Message 39 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ml989,

Have you tried the steps of Process (1) or Process (2) of my earlier posts.

They do work,  that network card needs power.

Change those power settings and not default ones. 

I can say that my mom's laptop works in Florida and my son's exact laptop works fine in California.

The same model you have. 

Happy Computing.

Snerdly Lizard 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 12 0 2
Message 40 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a repost:

Both processes requires administrator rights.

The first process was metioned earlier but i will list it again.

Process One:

Step 1: Select Control Panel

Step 2: Select Hardware and Sound

Step 3: Select Device Manager

Step 4: Open Network Adapters List by clicking on name

Step 5: Select Atheros AR9485

Step 6: Right Click and Select Properties

Step 7: Select tab titled "Power Management"

Step 8: UNCHECK or DESELECT the option button which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Step 9: Hit OK

Process Two:

Step 1: Select Control Panel

Step 2: Select Hardware and Sound

Step 3: Under Power Options, Select Change Battery Settings, Left Click
Step 4: Under HP Recommended Power Plan, Select Blue Link Titled "Change plan settings"

Step 5: Under Blue Link Titled "Change advanced power settings"

Step 6: Look for TAB Titled "Wireless Adapter Settings", Open this selection by clicking on left mouse

Step 7: Open Menu Power Saving, for on battery and plugged in, Select "Maximum Performance" VICE "Low Power Savings" *Make sure to do both settings for battery and plugged in.*

Step 8: Hit Apply, Then Hit OK

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation