cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
21 20 0 0
Message 71 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended
...and you're quite welcome. Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 72 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can tell you that this isn't an issue with just this HP computer/wifi card.   I have 2 Dell Inspiron 3520's.  Both have similar problems with wifi.  I've tried most the things listed without any solution.  I ended purchasing a USB wifi adapter for both of them.  Kind of a crap solution, but it's the only one ive been able to come up with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 73 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try lowering the Mbps on your router. I have an older router and for whatever reason 54 mbps (g) seemed to work better with this wifi card. I would have thought that 270 would be better but not with my older router and this wifi card.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 74 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing power settings worked for my HP2000-410US!  Thanks!  I have had troubles with this for a very long time, to the point that I seldom used internet on the notebook, but we are now traveling.  So far, it's staying connected, even with only "Good" connectivity.  

Good work, Snerdylizard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 75 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried the power saving processes (both of them) and still continue to lose connectivity.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 12 0 2
Message 76 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Indie,

Sorry to hear those settings did not work but it could be something else. We need to know some more info.

1.  What specific model number is your HP?

2.  Have you visited HP Support Page for BIOS updates?

3. What BIOS version is you machine?

Thanks Snerdly Lizard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 77 of 77
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,WhenIclickedonNetworkAdapter,theAtherosAR9485wasnotlisted?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation