cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aceaceaugie
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 39
Flag Post

Wireless keeps turning off on its own Like i touched the blue light

HP Recommended

Ok in more Detail I have a HP Pavilion dv8 Notbook Pc and the touch buttons at the top have this little blue light for blue tooth and wireless internet when its on it is blue and everything is fine but it keeps going red like if someone touched it not sure why it does this it happenens and it does very frequently please help on this matter if you can

0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
aceaceaugie
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please someone help me is there a way i can disable the touch even if i have to turn of the other ones like volume and they stop and play buttons i just cant take it turning off on me constatly it just does it out of now where it just goes red and a little pop up comes up and says wireless and bluetooth have been diasbled

0 Kudos
jellowood
Level 2
27 26 0 0
Message 3 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems to be several people with a DV8T that have this problem along with myself and have yet to see anyone post a fix for this. The only thing I've seen so far is someone called it in for warranty and received a new wireless card. Didn't hear if that was the fix though. To me it looks like a touchpad issue.

0 Kudos
chauncywicks
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 4 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I am having the same issue. To be totally honest, I don't even need the functionality of this "feature" and I would love to just remove it at this point. It is causing me such frustration that I can't even use the wireless on my laptop at all anymore.

I will be browsing the web and I'll click on a link, then the page won't load all of a sudden, I look down and the wireless button is red (turned off). I then need to touch it again, and it takes ~5 sec to reconnect to WiFi. Then I continue browsing, and then a couple minutes later (or sometimes just a few seconds!) it turns off again. I can't get anything done without constant extreme frustration. If I play online games, I continually get disconnected. It seems completely random.. sometimes it will be okay for a whole day, other times it will turn on and off 10 times in a single minute.

So, as a terrible workaround, I go sit by the router and hardline using a LAN cable. Then I watch the WiFi button go from blue to red all the time, but I don't get constantly disconnected and I am able to use the internet frustration-free. Really makes my laptop much less mobile, and ties it down to only really being useful online wired with a LAN cable. Essentially, my laptop is not useful as a laptop in my opinion. It is a portable desktop with limited functional locations (must be wired).

I tried to look up this issue online via google search and looking at some HP support forums, but haven't found a working fix yet. I have downloaded driver updates and new software to try to fix it, but I believe it's a hardware issue. [EDIT: I suppose if I believe it's a hardware issue, I should take it up with HP Tech Support, and get someone to take a look and troubleshoot it. Either way, I should still be able to disable it somehow.] So, now my goal is to DISABLE it. I like the functionality of the mute button and the volume control, but if I have to sacrifice that for stable internet, so be it. So I uninstalled "HP Quick Launch Buttons" and restarted my computer, really excited that I could finally get rid of this problem (it's been a few months) but after restart it seems the buttons still mute sound and turn off WiFi. :C

If anyone has any solutions or workarounds, *PLEASE* LET ME KNOW!! Also, if you are like me and are encountering the same issue, post here and let me know! I am usually hesitant to take the time and post online, but I think this is worth it. I'd like to see if others are in the same situation, and it would be great to gather some attention from HP and at least get some kind of answer. Likewise, I will try to keep this thread updated with my progress if any, in solving this issue.

-Chauncy

0 Kudos
misaligned
3 3 0 1
Message 5 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chauncywicks wrote:

Yes, I am having the same issue. To be totally honest, I don't even need the functionality of this "feature" and I would love to just remove it at this point. It is causing me such frustration that I can't even use the wireless on my laptop at all anymore.

I will be browsing the web and I'll click on a link, then the page won't load all of a sudden, I look down and the wireless button is red (turned off). I then need to touch it again, and it takes ~5 sec to reconnect to WiFi. Then I continue browsing, and then a couple minutes later (or sometimes just a few seconds!) it turns off again. I can't get anything done without constant extreme frustration. If I play online games, I continually get disconnected. It seems completely random.. sometimes it will be okay for a whole day, other times it will turn on and off 10 times in a single minute.

So, as a terrible workaround, I go sit by the router and hardline using a LAN cable. Then I watch the WiFi button go from blue to red all the time, but I don't get constantly disconnected and I am able to use the internet frustration-free. Really makes my laptop much less mobile, and ties it down to only really being useful online wired with a LAN cable. Essentially, my laptop is not useful as a laptop in my opinion. It is a portable desktop with limited functional locations (must be wired).

I tried to look up this issue online via google search and looking at some HP support forums, but haven't found a working fix yet. I have downloaded driver updates and new software to try to fix it, but I believe it's a hardware issue. [EDIT: I suppose if I believe it's a hardware issue, I should take it up with HP Tech Support, and get someone to take a look and troubleshoot it. Either way, I should still be able to disable it somehow.] So, now my goal is to DISABLE it. I like the functionality of the mute button and the volume control, but if I have to sacrifice that for stable internet, so be it. So I uninstalled "HP Quick Launch Buttons" and restarted my computer, really excited that I could finally get rid of this problem (it's been a few months) but after restart it seems the buttons still mute sound and turn off WiFi. :C

If anyone has any solutions or workarounds, *PLEASE* LET ME KNOW!! Also, if you are like me and are encountering the same issue, post here and let me know! I am usually hesitant to take the time and post online, but I think this is worth it. I'd like to see if others are in the same situation, and it would be great to gather some attention from HP and at least get some kind of answer. Likewise, I will try to keep this thread updated with my progress if any, in solving this issue.

-Chauncy

I am having the same exact problem with my dv8t.  It even dropped while I was trying to post this.  I've found many other people having the same problem with no acknowledgement from HP.  I've also noticed the bass/treble light switching on it's own without me pushing anything.  This is extremely frustrating and I really wish we could get some feedback from HP.  I have updated everything, BIOS, all drivers, everything.  The problem persists with no improvement.

0 Kudos
maleal
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are 3 things to try.

The power management option and the keyboard software replacement option:

See the following thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-and-home/dv8t-wireless-amp-all-smartpanel-buttons-go-...

Also look at the Audio codec thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-and-home/Wifi-turning-on-and-off-amp-treble-bass-indi...

Hope this helps.

ML

0 Kudos
chauncywicks
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 7 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, thanks maleal for the suggestions, but after reading through both of those topics it sounds like there is no fix. Well, not yet anyway. Sigh.. :Crying:

0 Kudos
chauncywicks
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 8 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Experts are online now to help us? What about this problem? Still has not been resolved for many people..

0 Kudos
densyo12
Level 4
85 85 1 8
Message 9 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

does it happen when on battery mode?because there is an option on the power options to configure the wlan power management maybe it is set to power saving mode when on battery that is why it keeps on disconnecting.you can change it go to advance options on the power options look for wlan.or on the services of windows on the wlan autoconfiig maybe it is not set to automatic.

0 Kudos
heavenyhz
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi is there any expert online today to tell us how to fix  this problem? I have a Pavilion DV8t-1000 and it has exactly the same problem.  The blue button of wireless connection frequently turns to orange and my laptop just disconnects network frequently. Please help!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation