Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Richard63 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless network doesn´t work

HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have four HP Envy notebook computers that I use regularly at work. Suddenly, starting up one day, all four computers stopped connecting to our wireless network. I tried at a different wireless network and neither of the computers still can´t connect. I even tried a third and still no result. All of my other computers that runs Windows 10 (2 Acer, 1 Asus, 8 iMac) are still able to connect to all of the wireless networks. I even run Windows 10 on all 8 iMacs and they can still connect to all of the networks. And there hasn´t been any chances to the wireless network. Strange thing is when I bring the computers to my home they can find my wireless network at home, all four of them with no problem.

I´ve tried all Windows repair and HP assistant and none of it works. I´ve updated to the latest drivers and all I can think of. What can have happened. I´ve noticed it has been a Windows update, but if that update have affected the network drivers,  how can it the work at home. I can also add that all four laptops work if I use Ethernet.

Hope someone can help out.

//Richard

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless network doesn´t work

Hello @Richard63,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that the Envy notebooks will no longer connect to the network.  However, they all connect to your home network.  

If you believe an update to be the cause, you can try performing a System Restore, to set the notebooks back to their previous working states.  You can also try uninstalling the network drivers, then restarting the notebooks.  This should allow the system to install compatible drivers.  If you continue to have issues with the notebooks only connecting to the home network, then you may consider restarting/resetting the router.  Please post back with the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation