cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tori-Ann
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

I have a dv6907ea laptop and recently the wireless keeps stopping working. On the front of the laptop the switch is in the on position but the light turns red. The laptop however still says that the wireless is turned on. The only way I can turn it back on is to restart the computer. Yesterday this happened 5 times in the space of an hour and a half. Is there a patch or some way of sorting this problem?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Level 7 Bookworm
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

Please look on the bottom of your notebook and give us the Product number (PN) and the BIOS version

either from the BIOS (tap F10 while booting) or by holding down "fn" and pressing the "esc " key in windows.

When did the issue start?

Did you load or add anything around that time?

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Tori-Ann
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

BIOS - F.59

P/n - Fn634EA

It started about 4 days ago a few days after getting a new broadband provider.

0 Kudos
Level 7 Bookworm
Level 7
945 934 45 145
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

If it's a software issue you could try going back to a system restore point prior to when this began, this is the Microsoft system restore not the HP recovery so you would not lose your data.

You can type 'restore" into the start search field and choose it from the menu, see if you have a Restore Point just before the issue began.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
Highlighted
soundxpess
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

you have to take apar the computer and clean the silver cable where it grounds the sensar bar and use a peice of scotch tape to hold it down to the ground...

after that will work perfect 🙂 i did it and i was loosing signal    off on off on off on  

0 Kudos
ابوجابر
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wireless

مشكوووووووووووووووووووووووررررررررررررررررررررررر

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation