Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lin5 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wirelessly connect my PC to my TV

HP ac143-wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know that this notebook doesn't support WIDI but I don't want to use a cable  sooooo   how can I wirelessly connect my PC to my SmartTV ?   Are there devices on the market that will allow me to do this ?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37082 5596 9648
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wirelessly connect my PC to my TV

Yeah there is Miracast which is built into Windows 10. Most fairly recent Smart TVs have a Miracast capable wireless display receiver built in. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15053/windows-8-project-wireless-screen-miracast

Just hit the windows key and "p" and you will get an option to connect to a wireless display. A lot of people trash them but I am also a big fan of the Google Chromecast. They are dirt cheap and work on any tv that has a HDMI port. You can cast the contents of the Chrome browser which is all you really need for netflix. If you want to do powerpoints or something not in the browser you need Miracast, however. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation