Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp note Work 15-ba043na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I bought a laptop 31 days ago and have only been using it to do my course work and only downloaded office and steam. I started it up yesterday morning and the screen says starting automatic repair.. then it goes to a bcod that says it's a hardware error. I tried to diagnosis it but everything checked out fine. I tried to press f11 to recover the laptop but it says please wait and goes to a black screen and then goes back to hp loading. This is on a constant loop and it never boots past the hp loading screen
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
The error code after auto repair starts is: ntfs.sys
Page fault in nonpage area
HP Recommended

Hello @Joeprince123456

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

If the system diagnostics F2 passed (Fast or quick test, or Component test for HDD), you should use the F11 Recovery options.

However, if they cannot start, the recovery partition may be missing or corrupt.

Since this is a new PC your best bet would be to contact HP Support and use the free warranty service. You may need to ship the PC to HP. Use the chat options >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Let me know how it goes, keep me updated and post back if you face difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.