Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kane9847 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Won't turn on - only had for 4 months.

Pavillion Notebook 15-ab254sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello there.

I brought my HP laptop from PC World in Feb, I'm still paying for it through finance. The only stock they had was their display model so I brought that one.

The laptop won't turn on anymore. When I plug the power in it flashes white next to the charging hole and that's it. I've tried removing the battery for 60 seconds and re-trying but it doesn't work.

Please can somebody help.

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37082 5596 9649
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It does still have full HP warranty so if worse comes to worse. You have tried the hard reset which is the easiest thing to try. The only other thing that might be easy to do is check the AC adapter to see if it is putting out power. Take it to any electronics store and they can test it with a voltage meter. If the AC adapter is good I am afraid you have had a catastrophic hardware failure (dead motherboard) which will require warranty replacement.  

0 Kudos
Kane9847 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Would the warranty replacement be through the store I brought it from or HP itself?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37082 5596 9649
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After 4 months through HP. What country are you located in?

Here is how you start a warranty claim now:

http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation