Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV7-7010U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my laptop preloaded with Windows 7, WORD 10 and Photoshop. I think it had a few other programs but I never used and don't remember. Anyway...when Windows 10 came out I did the free install they offered me and everything has been fine until a few weeks ago I was locked out of the laptop. Master password not working and finger print scanner wasn't either. Since I had no disks I did factory restore option and then contacted Microsoft to reinstall Windows 10. None of my other programs came back and they said I need to contact HP to get the product keys. My warranty ended in 2013..

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Acumbaa

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Photoshop is Adobe's product and it doesn't come preinstalled on HP computer. I am not aware of HP shipping any Adobe Photoshop products preinstalled on PCs. Even if some Photoshop was preinstalled, it was not a full version, so you will need to purchase a license from Adobe to use the product. If you already have a license but cannot find it, contact Adobe support or customer service.

Re. Word 10 - I support you mean Microsoft Office Word - Office 2010. In most cases computers were shipped with Microsoft Office 2010 Starter edition - special editions of Word 2010 and Excel 2010. This is limited/stripped down version of Office and is not supported on Windows 10. It is obsolete product and not officially offered by Microsoft anymore (since maybe year 2012). If you want to restore it on non-Windows 10 PC, you may redownload it from this URL >> http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6255-microsoft-office-starter-2010.html

It is best to purchase your own Office license for all Office products and newer versions - Microsoft offers subscription based options for Office called Office 365 - includes quite a lot of Office programs, latest versions + minutes for Skype calls + 1 TB storage in OneDrive (Microsoft cloud). Plans start from 6.99$ / per month.

Here is more info >> https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Office-365/categoryID.68021500

Hope this helps. Provide your feedback and let me know if you face difficulties.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.