Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Magie2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Word will not open on HP Stream notebook 11

HP Stream notebook 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The notebook was trying to run an update, a problem occured and everything froze. It would not turn  off so had to let it run out of power so it could be turned back on. Afterwards a message came up to advise not enough space to perform the update with an icon to click to clear available space which I did. It did this then I think tne update failed. After that word will not open, I click on the icon to open  but nothing happens. The product is under warrenty still, I just have no clue what to do. Can anyone help?  Please!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

Is it just MS Word that does not work ?

Is the icon that you are trying to open a desktop shortcut or shortcut pinned to the Taskbar ?

If you try to open Computer, then navigate to C:\Program FIles (x86) >> Microsoft Office >> Office xx >> then open WINWORD.exe

does it work/open ?

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
Magie2 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. It happens whem I try and open fro  either location, the icon is on my taskbar still but when I try what you suggest I get ax far as opening up program files (x86) then microsoft office, after that the option is to open office 16, then something called OSPP and from there it just opens up a software license. I cannot find the file to run bit to runword.exe. it dosnt seem to exist. What do I try now?  

Dean Dean
Dean
7972 634 2846
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Microsoft Office can be installed in a variety of locations and the default is Program Files (x86) > Microsoft Office  (but this could have been changed during installation setup).

Can you search in Program files (just Program files without x86) ?

>> I need to know what software is installed on your machine and what runs with it.

Download Trend Micro's HiJackThis app:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Save and run the exe file.

1) Click on "Do a scan and save log file" button

After scan, if a log file pops up in Notepad - that is excellent. If not, choose "Save log" button and choose to save the log file somehwere

The log file - open it, choose "Select All" (CTR + A) , then copy it and paste it all here in your next reply.

2) Open HiJackThis app again - in the Main screen , choose "Open the Misc tools section".

Choose "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Choose "Save list" button and specify where you would like to save this log. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.

Select all, Copy and paste all the info from this log file and place it your next reply here

You can now close HiJackThis and delete it.

**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or show appreciation
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation