cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
oakman2 Tutor
Tutor
18 13 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Working SSD with neither SMART Check nor Short DST installed

HP Envy m6 1125dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Im trying to resurrect an HP Envy m6 without original hard drive. Recovery disks are still to come.

With Legacy mode on and no secure boot, I try to boot to a Windows 8 Retail DVD. I have installed a working SSD.

But when I boot, it complained about an imminent error, and a F2 check gives me a

SMART Check: Not Installed and a 

Short DST: Not installed.

I can remove the SSD and install in an external hard drive enclosure and use it with another computer, no problems.

So I dont know how to fix this SSD or even if it needs to be fixed, as it works on my ASUS Windows 7 system fine.

Sometimes I am able to get Windows 8 to begin the install, but then it complains that there is no hard drive. I take it out, and it all looks fine on my Windows 7 computer.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
813 779 66 160
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The test is failing as the PC is not able to see your SSD.

that is what it means when it says not installed.

So the PC thinks that there is not hard Drive connected to it.

Some PC's go with an mSATA SSD which need to be formated before you can install the OS onto a new Hard Drive. 

These drives are used for Hard Drive caching and improving the performance of the mechanical HDD.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

GADIK Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, SSD indicator on my OMEN 15-ax003nj does nok works at all. SSD looks work OK, but some tests are not pass:

HD short and long  DST checks are NOT AVAILABLE. HD SMART check is OK,HD optimized check passed. How to repair it? Is it SSD problem or other hardware?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation