cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@silverhelms wrote:

Mumbodog dont you have calls to answer at that call center 🙂

LOL, wrong again!

Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yea mumbodog- limited vocab definately an HP tech. Anyway if anyone might have some Ideas to how I could fix this problem or where I could go sell of and maybe get something for this piece of crap I might be stuck with pls let me know.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This won't fix it, and I know Leo Apthke doesn't read these himself but if we get enough people sending in complaints of terrible quality we might get something achieved

http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/contact-hp/email_3.html ----Send a message to the CEO - Léo Apotheker

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
85 85 1 8
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

right mumbodog i think it is an attitude issue not the thing itself. call HP again and look for a case manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know you don't want to do a restore, but if you are going to buy another make/model and have to put the work in anyway, why not do a restore. I'm 95% confident that a wipe/restore will take care of your problems. I also know how frustrating it is to be told to restore, especially when you just bought it, but its worth a go especially if it works.

I've had several HP products and haven't had any real problems, so I am a proponent of the brand and think that you got a bad product from assembly and, with just a few more hours of your time, could have a great product.

Good luck man

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

arvadajon- shows really how a customer care rep should be. giving hope with reason and support.

mumbodog and other dude supporting him, are perfect examples of what HP has working for em.

In the end I might give it a shot, but yea CEO needs to know about the frustrating experiances people are going through.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to agree with the title of this thread. After purchasing a factory refurbished HP pc it would not even start up. Had a bad hard drive that could not be detected by the bios.

Called support the first day I got the pc. Here is my history so far:

I received this item on the 1/12/10. It was dead on arrival. (Hard disk not working).
I have called HP Support on the following dates:
1/12 am  - Original fault reported & Proof of Purchase faxed as requested.
1/12 pm - Called back again. Told they did not receive Proof Of Purchase- sent it again.
2/12 - HP Acknowledged receipt of proof of purchase & said I would be called by repairer in 24-48hrs - didnt happen.
7/12 - Called HP again. They said they resubmitted job to repairer and I will hear within 24 - 48hrs
9/12 - Called HP as still had received no call. Said there was a problem because job had been submitted twice. I will be contacted with in 24-48hrs.
13/12 - Called HP as had not heard back. Now told that it is 3 - 5 days after receiving proof of purchase before I will be contacted. I believe I have already exceeded that waiting time but gave them more time.
17/12 Now I have still not heard back and I am about to call them again.

I have never once been contacted by HP during this process.

Absolute worst support I have ever had from an organisation. My support case number is 8045133453, I nearly know it by heart!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
10,920 10,841 772 4,459
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@btiltman

Hi,

Could you answer on few questions?

1. Was this model purchased in your home country / city where you live?

2. Where did you bought it? (supermarket, online store, etc.)

3. What kind of warranty did you get on it?

Ps.

I am not affiliated in any way with HP so please do not attack me.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation