cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Worse Customer support and products

HP Recommended

Okay so when a bought this suped up laptop for a grand with lots of memory, speed and the misconception that HP was a leading company when it came to laptops in order to replace my burned up toshiba which lasted 3 years.

Anyway I come load up all the programs I had been using on the old laptop (prolly just a few of those) and try to enjoy my laptop I am overwhelmed with several issues. They were as follows,

1. sound driver kept making a screeching noise while I watched online T.V

-call up customer support. he tells me its the internet not the laptop- im like okay i got the same **bleep** running on 2 othe computers without a problem. instead of providing any support this retard argues with me. finally says im uncooperative as I wont restore the system. I told him like hell ill restore it and loose 15 hrs worth of downloads and other data. so no help here I read up on the internet and a week later solver the problem with no thanks to thier crappy customer support located god knows where.

2. screen wont come out of sleep mode. support offered- do a restore. (forget it)

3. internet keeps disconnecting- loose important data, get disconnected from game servers, etc. support offered- made the problem worse. Call back and they say do a restore.

Honestly if I was in the mood to do a restore on this piece of crap a month after getting i would not have spent a grand on it. Its frustrating and annoying to have these probems to begin with and worse when it comes to talking to thier tech support. Honestly future customers go google HP customer support and click on the third frequetly typed link (yea...customer support complaints) and then make your mind before you buy HP products.

Im probably going to try to sell this off and hopefully get some money back and get a toshiba(again...shouldve just stuck to it) or maybe a dell. Ive had it with this company's products and support.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. You don't lose data unless you don't back it up first.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01912228

2.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01853693

3. Wired or wireless?

This is a user to user forum, sorry about your problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1.yea you loose the data if everytime you need to load it it downloads from a server. talking about something like wow, it downloads everytime you load it on a system and takes about 4-10 hrs.

2.okay im not a noob who dosednt know about touching the keys or moving the mouse to wake this up along with other things. its kinda easy to tell if there is a problem with a product when youve been using a item for a while. ive tried all that stuff for hoping it would resolve the **bleep** problem and it dint.  

3.tried both- read the post and even if i dint mention it i am metioning it now.- tried both the thing.

Just called up their customer care. again yea just restore the system. I waas like[text removed] i could just get a new system i dont have time to keep restoring this piece of **bleep**. thier response- let me assist you in purchasing a new system.

[text removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, so your not a noob, no way for me to know this in a forum, but you definitely have an attitude problem.

Good day and good bye. :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lol i bet your one of the customer support people with hp.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm guessing so too. Replies to anyone with a problem that they have a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay so calling up and calling up with absolutely no help from HP customer care call centers, is there another way to get in touch with HP...hopefully with someone who works in the U.S and not in some call center in India or Pakistan.

hopefully somone who knows what they are doing and can maybe be of some use?

If nothing else is there a phone number for some complaints department? I mean I spent a grand on this thing and ive had it for 3 months...if nothing else atleast have the product be worth that amount of money if not the customer service.

and some hp mod removed my lines from previous posts saying thats not how I should be talkin. lol first of all i dint post this whole thing on this forum section it was under express yuor views which is exactly where it should've stayed.

Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it's not too late, I'd say return it and get another brand. You lose your time so far, but I bet you'll lose it eventually anyway when the thing craps out and HP won't give you a bit of help. "Restore" or "send for repair: $398".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,541
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@silverhelms wrote:

lol i bet your one of the customer support people with hp.

lol, no, wrong again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cherish...sounds good but how should i do that ? Fry's wouldnt take the piece of **bleep** back since its been over a month, any suggestions would be helpful. looks like youve been there done that with HP products and you know what im talking about.

Mumbodog dont you have calls to answer at that call center 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation