Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ShoeLace1291 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

XP Drivers For Nvidia GeForce 7150M

First off, HP needs to provide more drivers for Windows XP.  You have to face the fact that Vista failed and everyone is switching back to XP.  Any computer expert will tell you that Vista is a piece of **bleep** that should have never been released. 

I own an HP Pavillion dv6910us and I just recently installed Windows XP.  Once I finished the installation, I spent about 6 hours searching the web for drivers that HP just won't provide because they're too stubborn to realize that vista **bleep**ing sucks.  I refuse to go back to Vista so I need these drivers.  Assuming that it is my graphics card since that what's listed on the product information page, I need drivers for the Nvidia GeForce 7150M card for Windows XP.

That would be absolutely wonderful.

Thanks for your **bleep**ty support,

Scott.

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45197 4251 10751
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your xp driver is found at NVIDIA.com. Here is a link to the driver that you need. It is Geforce Release 179. The chipset and video chip in your laptop is on the supported list.
You can say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43391 3196 13376
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The driver from Nvidia site 'should' work..but just in case>>Nividia Graphics
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
10924 773 4434
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You may also try modded Nvidia ver 185.85 drivers.

How to install them in XP:

Basically it's a 3-step process:
1. Download driver here, double click and select extract,
2. Download modded INF here and replace original INF in extracted folder,
3. Install & reboot.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
BAMBOO092 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

On laptop Pavilion dv6510ef, there is a lack of driver under XP for the chip Geforce 7150M.

Driver provided by Nvidia does not work. And, as told by a preceding post, Vista is a bleep.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
43391 3196 13376
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Install>>>Nvidia Laptop Graphics-XP15665:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=3f10d7c1771f7efe&resid=3F10D7C1771F7EFE!119

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***
imtiaz1972 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Accept as Solution"

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation