I have installed a new Zbook 15 for a client. While setting it up, but before domain attach, I would notice in File Explorer that a Z: drive would appear for a short time. When I attempted to view the drive, it would respond that I did not have permission. Looking in Disk Management, there is only the C: drive showing as having an assigned drive letter.
Now that the PC is domain attached, I am periodically losing the mapped Z: drive from group policy. Anyone have any ideas on some HP software or setting that might be taking this drive letter assignment?
The poster seems to think that HP Support Assistant is causing the issue. I was at this client again today, so I set Support Assistant to not check for updates, thinking this may keep the system from stepping on the existing Z: drive map. I'll update in a couple of days with more info.
The client contacted me again yesterday, saying his Z: drive was again missing. I asked if this is the first time since last Monday that this had happened, and he admitted that he didn't know, as the only day of the week he access it is on Monday.
I went ahead and uninstalled HP Support Assistant this time. I will update in a few days with more info.
Well, the Z: drive is still occasionally showing up, causing my client to lose his Z: drive mapping. At this point, I still believe this is an HP issue, as I have yet to encounter this at any other client.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.