cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
delingren
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Z400: What's the screw that fastens the frame to the case?

HP Recommended
Z400

I'm trying to disassemble a Z400 case so that I can access the sheet hosting the motherboard tray. I got most screws undone except 4 of them at the four corners, circled in the following picture. They look like they are Torx screws. The smallest bit I have is a T10, which doesn't fit. Does anyone know the exact size of them? I hate to go out and buy a tool just to find it doesn't fit. Thanks!

HP-z400-Workstation,D-F-258387-13.jpg

Closeup:

closeup.png

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmo_Blatz
Level 1
1 1 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A CR-VT-8 star bit WILL work. I'm thinking that a #8 Torx is what you really want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Cosmo_Blatz
Level 1
1 1 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A CR-VT-8 star bit WILL work. I'm thinking that a #8 Torx is what you really want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
delingren
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks! They are indeed T8 screws. After I got them out, I replaced them with philip screws. Fortunately the threads are standard 6-32.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation