Note on archived topics.
09-03-2016 03:40 PM
For the Zbook G3 series, is HP going to support external GPU enclosures via Thunderbolt 3? I believe it requires support at the firmware (UEFI) level along with driver support for maximum compatibility.
09-22-2016 12:52 PM
Thanks, that is good information to know as the external GPU market matures. I don't see anything in SoftPaq yet, it is showing 126.96.36.1995 as the latest. The change log is interesting, which is from Intel's website (I think I have the right one based upon the version number).
The current UEFI gives GPU options for Auto, integrated GPU, and discrete GPU. Will HP modify the UEFI options change to show external GPU to allow for pre-OS support / usage and turn on the monitors?
I am assuming external GPUs will work best on the other Thunderbolt 3 port instead of going though the dock, perhaps you have information on that?
- Hotfix: Application GUI does not pop up on device hotplug after initial package installation
- HVCI compliance per Microsoft Device Guard recommendations
- Added support for Alpine Ridge LP and Alpine Ridge C-step (including FW Update SDK)
- Added Firmware Update progress indication in FW Update SDK and samples
- Added SDK sample to update Firmware on device only
- Added support for devices made of multiple controllers
- Added support for external GPU user notifications
- Added RSS support to Thunderbolt Networking to improve performance capabilities
- General improvements and bug fixes
- Hotfix: added user notification when update needed for the Thunderbolt 3 port to function properly.