cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Zbook14 with Windows 10. Can't change screen lock timing setting.

HP Recommended

I have a Zbook14 with Windows 10. The screen turns off and locks after 5 minutes when I am docked on my docking station and plugged into power. I have gone to the settings (personalize->lock screen->screen timeout settings and set the screen turn off to "never" when plugged in. I also set the sleep to "never" when plugged in. 

The settings don't take effect and after 5 minutes the screen is turning off and locking again.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,756 9,663 784 3,650
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

Is this company owner computer ?  If YES, it may be controlled by company installed software for management of policies or by Windows Group policy ?

You can Start Command Prompt (CMD) as an administrator and type these to reset default settings:

Disable the sleep mode option:     powercfg -h off    and press ENTER

Reset and Restore All Power Plans to Default:    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes      and press ENTER

Review your settings again, but in the classic Control Panel, not in Personalize.

Please, review this article, too and perform the Windows Registry changes >> http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17899-monitor-turns-off-after-2-minutes-inactivity-...

(note - be careful when you modify the Windows Registry)

You can also review these to stop the Lock screen if you want - via Win Registry modification

>> http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/37912-lock-screen-background-secure-sign-change-windows-10-a.html

>> http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6567-lock-screen-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

Hopefully, it will help.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation