cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
localsin
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

activating vt-x in bios hp 850g1

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

trying to enable vtx on my hp elite 850g1 but when I go into the bios and try to change the setting myself, it won't let me! It wont let me check the box that enables vt-x

i've attached a screenshot of the settings im trying to change.

any help will be super appreciated!

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
localsin
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Guys i could really use some help on this. I tried updating the bios but that hasnt helped.

I can't figure out why it wont let me check the majority of the boxes in the bios! im signed in as administrator and everything =[

I can't complete my assignment without enabling vt-x

please please please!!!

0 Kudos
localsin
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstalled hp advanced security. 
most boxes are now ungreyed and able to tick!

so yeah, if anyone else has this problem its definitely a setting in hp security. either find the setting there (i didnt search too hard, just uninstalled instead which required uninstalling a few other hp programs) or just, uninstall it.

0 Kudos
tech_mauritius
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the tips but how do you uninstall the hp advanced security?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation