cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mikeinpenna
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

after doing a recovery on my laptop, I keep getting the message that a trayapp msi is missing.

HP Recommended
pavilion dv7-4087d notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Each time I turn my laptop on, I keep getting the message I'm missing a trayapp.msi I cannot find the missing app on my system.  Do I need to install a missing driver, if so which one?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I'm missing a trayapp.msi I cannot find the missing app on my system. 

It's some application that is trying to put an icon into your "system tray" -- the bottom row of your display.

The '.msi' is "Microsoft Installer" -- Windows has been told to run this "installer" program, to install some software.

If your computer is running fine, then you may choose to ignore the message.

> Do I need to install a missing driver, if so which one?

Open the Windows "Device Manager", and look for any "unknown device" or "yellow-exclamation-marks".

If that is what you see, then you really do have a missing device-driver.

Tell us what it is.

Double-click on that flagged item, and click "reinstall driver", and allow Windows Update to do a search.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation