Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cwe1960 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

hp ay016ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My labtop in the airplane mode You click on the off and it willn't turn off

I tried the Fn & PrntScr,took battery out looked for backup but nothing in backup what else can I do? no wifi to download anything plus no disk to reload windows 10

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Hi@cwe1960,

Thank you for choosing HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unable to turn off the airplane mode. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you follow the steps below and check if that helps you fix the issue.

• Connect an Ethernet cable and establish a wired internet connection.
  • Then, navigate to Device manager and select the “Network adaptors”.
  • Expand the option and right click on each of the entries and select “Update driver”.
  • Once done, close the Device manager and restart the PC which should turn off the “Airplane Mode”.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

cwe1960 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Thanks
ended up having to calling in and talk to a hp operator done everything you said but nothing work had to do a factory reset
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Hi@cwe1960,

I thank you for the reply.

After having to talk to phone support and perform a reset, is the issue resolved?

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Annalieset Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Your recommendations are useless. Where am I to find an Ethernet cable??? I have wifi only
0 Kudos
Annalieset Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

How do I call an hp support tech?
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

airplane mode

Hello@Annalieset,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in turning off the airplane mode on the PC. I will definitely help you.

I suggest you to try the steps from the link below under the “Answer” and try performing the steps in it to check if that fixes the issue.

http://hp.care/2gor1fT

If that doesn’t work, as you requested, use the link below to get in touch with the phone support for further assistance.

You will need to fill in the required details in order to get the phone number to call.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation