cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jimbo185
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

any hp hard drive with win 7 preinstalled

HP Recommended
pavilion dm1 2100z
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I bought an older pavilion dm1 2100z missing the win 7 hard drive.  can i buy the correct size sata hard drive from ebay with windows 7 preinstalled from any hp laptop or do i have to buy reinstall disk from hp?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,965
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi,

Your laptop is Configure to order (CTO) machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dm1-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/4247653/m...

Are you able to clearly read all 25 characters of product activation key of Windows 7 in the COA sticker on the back of this laptop that I assume came pre installed with Windows 7 from factory.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
jimbo185
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i can read all 25 characters on win 7 coa on back of laptop

0 Kudos
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,965
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In that case, follow Paul Tikkanen's suggestion given in this thread to clean install Windows 7: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/want-windows-7-back/td-p/592555...

Get the exact same edition for which activation code is printed in COA sticker

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation