Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
grngjack Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

audio problem with win xp sp3 black edition

Product Name-Hp Pavilion g6-1318AX

I've recently installed the win xp sp3 black edition.All the drivers are working but there is a problem in recognizing the sound hardware...I have tried installing many IDT HD drivers but its not working...On the properties of IDT HD audio hardware it shows a s follow..

Device not working..error(code 10)

Plz help me Sir/Madam.

Thanking You.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
103183 93735 14393 22114
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

audio problem with win xp sp3 black edition

Hi:

You probably won't be able to get the audio to work in XP on your model.

If you did not first install the Chipset driver and Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio before you attempted to install any of the audio drivers you tried, then that is part of the reason nothing is working.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&...

You may have to start from scratch and install XP if you can't uninstall the audio drivers you tried.

You can also refer to this guide, read the audio info listed under the Difficult Models section, and hopefully one of those suggestions will work for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/General-XP-Downgr...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation