cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SmokeTheDays
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

backspace key doesn't work

HP Recommended

Hi everyone, I have a compaq nx7300 notebook, last month I have a strange keyboard problem with it. When hit particular 4 keys (I don't remember which one) they pressed double and different characters. And then solve the problem with made a system restore.

And than last week "backspace" key started not to work without a reason. Just one key and there's no any problems with any other keys. I have no idea what can I do about it. I made a system restore but didn't work. Could anyone help me? Is anyone got any idea why ?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the backspace key not working anywhere or only in specific applications...Also I would you to try using this key in Notepad too and check the working of the key.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
SmokeTheDays
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the backspace key not working anywhere or only in specific applications...Also I would you to try using this key in Notepad too and check the working of the key.

Backspace is not working in Explorer, Firefox, windows document names, Word but I will try in Notepad and write here.

What can you say about the previous problem with keys that I solved with system restore, I am curious about it why. For example "g" key was press "hg", "n" key was press "nv" it was strange.

Thank you for your concern.

0 Kudos
Knute
Level 7
1,328 1,317 43 177
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboards are funny like that, did you spill anything on it?

If it's an old laptop you may have luck in finding a cheap replacement keyboard.  Replacements are pretty easy to install, just a few screws and a ribbon cable or two.

Otherwise you could start using the Delete key as a work-around.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

natashanatasha
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello,

i have the same problem, desperately trying to fix it.

did u manage to fix it? and how? thank u

natasha

0 Kudos
ceepeegee
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The backspace key on my Compaq Presario has also stopped working.

I have attached another keyboard and the backspace does not work on that either.

Is this any help in working out how to fix this? Anyone - please can you help?

0 Kudos
ictctk
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have 20 ProBook 4230s I have had to reimage three so far and  this may be an issue that a student is instigating.

Having back space issues. This is in any programme and in any situation. Note Word. excell. explorer.

0 Kudos
satyadwivedi1
3 1 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i ave compaq presario CQ62 suddenluy tree keys  G H ; BACKSPACE are not working please help me....

thanks.

0 Kudos
shacko
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

backspace key is not working

0 Kudos
joe1933
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the backspace wil only go one space back. how do I corect this?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation