Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mariamendes Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery failure, battery test not running

Pavilion 13 x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

From two months ago, the message "The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low." appeared before the startup and the battery didn't (and doesn't) charge. Or it signals that is charging but once I plug out the charger, the battery doesn't even last for a minute or it simply says "plugged in, not charging".

I tried to run more than once the battery test in the System Diagnostics,that is described in your tech support, but it doesn't run (it doesn't pass further than 1% and I left it hours for run). I also tried the battery test in the HP Support Assistant, but once I start it, it says right afterwards "battery test stopped working" and it doesn't finish the test.

I would like to know your opinion for a possible solution.
Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
74043 73933 9002 19374
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery failure, battery test not running

Hi,

Is it still under warranty ? If yes, please contact HP in your country to have a replacement:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Otherwise you need new battery.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation