Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Intern
26 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery life of new HP

HP 15 Laptop AMD A12 Quad, 12G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I just received a HP 15 Laptop AMD A12 Quad, 12GB RAM, 2TB, computer for Xmas from QVC.   The battery runs down within an hour and I had a Dell that the battery lasted for hours before running down.  I  did do a power saver when a pop up came up for it.   I just need to know if I should keep this computer or take back and get a smaller one?  thank you so much.

Renee

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery life of new HP

@ReneeandJerry

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand

One of the most common questions asked by notebook computer customers is "How long will the battery last?" The answer is not simple. People inevitably discover that battery run time varies depending on how and where the notebook is used; however, most consumers don't understand why the battery sometimes does not last as long as predicted by the battery fuel gauge (Power Meter).

As mobile computing becomes more prevalent, consumers need to understand how environmental and usage factors impact battery run time and life span. This document explains these factors, describes the Smart Battery Technology built into HP notebooks and recommends practices to maximize battery life.

• Battery Safety
  • What is a Lithium-Ion battery?
  • What is Battery Cycle Life?
  • What is Battery Capacity?
  • How does HP determine the Warranty Period?
  • What is Smart Battery Technology?
  • What is Smart Battery Calibration?
  • Maximizing the capacity and lifespan of the battery
  • Should I fully charge the battery before I use the computer?
  • Tips for conserving battery power

For details: Click here

If you've charges the laptop for over 8-10hrs before 1st use, you shouldn't have these issues, I recommend a full charge before using it.

If issue persists, please get back to me for further assistance.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation