Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have got an HP Pavilion x360 13-u009na its about 10weeks old I have 2 problems

1 It will only charge when it is in sleep mode/power off
2 the screen will not rotate when in tablet mode
I have tried lots of things that have been suggested on here and other places
I have been in touch with HP help line and they assured me if I return it to factory setting it will solve the problems
It didn't 
Please help
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@muttsmammy

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 13-u009na laptop and it has two issues:

• The battery charges only when the laptop is in sleep mode or when it is powered off. 
  • The screen will not rotate when it is in tablet mode. 

I read that you have already contacted HP support and have restored the laptop to its factory settings and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did any updates or software changes happen on the tablet recently, Especially with Win10?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the screen rotation issues:

• Press Win + R -> type 'regedit' and enter
  • Registry editor will open up.
  • Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation
  • Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.
  • Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

To fix the battery charging related issue, I suggest you to run the power troubleshooter in Windows as described below:

• In Windows, search for and open the Control Panel.

• In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.

• Click Troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting search results in the Control Panel

• Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.

If asked for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation information.

Improve power usage in the System and Security section

• Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.

A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues.

Detecting issues progress bar in the power troubleshooting tool

• After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi

thanks for the help I have tried both before not not since I have reset it 

So I have tried them again and still no joy 

I am not sure about windows updates

Spoiler

, But both things happened at the same time

I cant really send it back to HP for repair as I do need it daily, So at the moment I am using it on battery then charging it up when power is off and not using the tablet mode.

Not idea but not much choice 

The rotation lock on action centre is still greyed over

I have just notice that the AC adaptor plug is loose it the laptop

Spoiler

HP Recommended

@muttsmammy

I surely do appreciate your efforts. 

You could perform a BIOS update as it might fix the battery charging issue. But if the ac adapter connection itself is loose then it should not charge the battery even while the laptop is in sleep mode.

NOTE: Please ensure that the ac adapter is connected to the laptop during the BIOS update and also ensure that battery has enough charge. Because BIOS update may take up to 20 minutes to finish. 

Also, I recommend you to install the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver for the auto-rotate feature to work. 

Hope this does the trick. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks again for you help

Have done both things but still they are not working

Is it time to give up :Crying:

HP Recommended

@muttsmammy

Let's try some more steps before we conclude this issue.

Please do let me know the results. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi

did both

AC charger passed

still nothing happening

thaks again

HP Recommended

@muttsmammy

I understand that the ac charger tests passed. What about the battery test?

This information will help me to take the next course of action. Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

Hi

both have been tested

I would like to thank you for all your help but its going back for repair

I have had enough its not 3 months old this should not be happening

if I'd had been on this forum before I purchased it...I would never had brought it

Thanks again for all you help

HP Recommended

@muttsmammy

You're most welcome. 🙂

I thank you for your time and for working so patiently with me. It is a privilege to share this platform with you. I'm positive the laptop will be back in a perfectly good working condition. 

Take care! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.