cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 41 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery only charges when computer is off or in sleep

I've just tried and it hasn't worked for me. But perhaps i haven't waited enough.

I put the laptop into 'Sleep mode', then powered it off completely, waited a couple of minutes as Raballes7 said and... nothing! Still not charging 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 42 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@baows wrote:

My problem is the the following, I have a laptop ( hp pavillon zd8000) and the battery will only charge when the

I had the exact same problem as you have, I contacted HP support and they sent an engineer to fix the issue. Initially he was also confused what could be the problem so he ordered Motherboard from the company, replaced it but the problem still existed so then he asked his senior what to do and finally concluded to change the DC Jack. He ordered the DC jack and replaced it and the Laptop started charging normally.

I guess your issue might get solved by replacing the DC Jack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 43 of 43
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had a similar issue, my battery wouldn't charge when the laptop was on but it would charge to 100% when turned off. 

When I inspected my power adaptor the metal pin in the centre of the connecter was bent and not properly aligned. 

Once I staightened this with a bamboo skewer it started to charge again once plugged in and turned on. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation