Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

battery plugged (2%) but not charging

[ Edited ]
Product Name: TouchSmart 14-n019nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My battery is plugged in and is not charging (staying at 2%). I've tried many troubleshooting techniques but have not been able to resolve the problem.  I tried a battery test, it failed and got the following message:

Battery Test: Primary - Replace(42) 

FAILURE ID: PLMUQ0-72084H-MFPV6J-C09403

Primary Battery

Battery Test: FAILED

I'd like to make sure and exhaust the resources, can I get help on this please? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: battery plugged (2%) but not charging

carjomar

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about battery problems and wanted to help.

I would suggest you run BOTH of the following sets of tests:

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) | HP® Customer Support

If either of these shows the device is faulty, you would need to replace it.  You seems to already have failure indication on the battery.

Understand that this is just a self-help forum staffed by volunteers.  We have no way of testing or diagnosing your equipment from here  All we can do is recommend diagnostic steps that you have to perform yourself.

If you need confirmation of the equipment failure, you would need to take or send your PC to an HP Service Center.  Here's information on the Service Centers:  HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation