Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3ffigy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

beats audio uninstalled

hp envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

beats audio has been erased from my computer and i dont know how to reinstall it

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1252
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

beats audio uninstalled

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.
sp63555.exe

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R
Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall and restart.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook and let windows fully load.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
3ffigy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

beats audio uninstalled

okay so i did everything as instructed and it did not re download the beats audio EQ but i have actually ran into another problem. last night i did a windows 10 system reset and now my speakers are significantly lower than before. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation